The International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society is probably the biggest and the most important conference focused on biomedical engineering. Last year the conference was organised in Jeju (Korea). Five participants from our departmenbt took part in this great event presenting 4 papers:
1. Automatic analysis of the aggressive behavior of laboratory animals using thermal video processing,
2. The motion influence on respiration rate estimation from low-resolution thermal sequences during attention focusing tasks,
3. A body position influence on ECG derived respiration,
4. A novel sensor for measuring temperature profile during the thermoablation,
This year, the EMBC 2018 conference was organized in Honolulu. We also presented 4 papers:
1. A Meta-Analysis of Pulse Arrival Time Based Blood Pressure Estimation
2. Long Distance Vital Signs Monitoring with Person Identification for Smart Home Solutions
3. Pose-Invariant Face Detection by Replacing Deep Neurons with Capsules for Thermal Imagery in Telemedicine
4. The Analysis of Temperature Changes of the Saliva Traces Left on the Fur During Laboratory Rats Soial Contacts
During the event we met Dr. John Webster. He is the editor of the: Medical instrumentation: application and design, Fourth Edition New York, John Wiley & Sons, 2009. He has also developed 22 other books including the Encyclopedia of medical devices and instrumentation, Second Edition, New York: John Wiley & Sons, 2006. We have been using his books for many years.
We have also met our friends from Silesian University of Technology.
Next year, the EMBC 2019 will be organized in Berlin. We are looking forward to submit papers for this important event.
More photos from the event: